Comprehensive vegetarian support for healthy adrenal function‡
This vegetarian formula provides wide range herbal and nutritional support for the adrenal glands. Panax ginseng and Eleutherococcus senticosus, or eleuthero, are highly recognized adaptogens, promoting physiological balance and moderating occasional stress. In part, they help to moderate the production of adrenocorticotrophic hormone (ACTH) and ultimately corticosterone activity. Corticosterone promotes the conversion of amino acids into carbohydrates and glycogen by the liver and stimulates glycogen formation in the tissues, supporting optimal energy reserves. Rhodiola rosea, containing rosavins and salidrosides, also acts to balance hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal activity. Rhodiola can have a calming effect on the central nervous system and supports healthy thyroid, thymus, and adrenal gland function. In particular, rhodiola may moderate the effects of occasional physical and emotional stress. Recently, a double-blind cross-over study suggests that rhodiola may help to moderate mild fatigue under stressful conditions. Astragalus and ashwagandha promote immune function and complement the adaptogenic activity of this formula. Calcium pantothenate, a vitamin B5 derivative, is essential for activating the adrenals. Collectively, these ingredients support the health and activity of the adrenal glands.‡
- Supports healthy adrenal function‡
- Helps moderate occasional stress‡
- Made with hypoallergenic, vegan ingredients
Phyto-ADR is a plant-based formula that helps provide support for the adrenal glands and the body's response to occasional stress.‡
Each vegetarian capsule contains :
- Pantothenic acid (as calcium pantothenate)(B5) 150 mg
- Asian ginseng (Panax ginseng) extract (root) 150 mg (standardized to contain 5% total ginsenosides)
- Eleuthero (Eleutherococcus senticosus) extract (root) 100 mg (standardized to contain 0.8% eleutherosides)
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) extract (root) 150 mg (standardized to contain 2.5% withanolides)
- Rhodiola (Rhodiola rosea) extract (root) 50 mg (standardized to contain 3% total rosavins and 1% salidroside)
- Astragalus (Astragalus membranaceus) extract (root) 150 mg
Other ingredients: vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water)
1 capsule daily, between meals, or as directed by a health professional.
Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women. Panax ginseng or eleuthero may cause insomnia, fatigue, anxiety, headache, vertigo, diarrhea or skin rash.
They may also be associated with mastalgia, vaginal bleeding or amenorrhea.
Additionally, panax ginseng or eleuthero may be associated with palpitations, tachycardia, or hypertension in individuals with cardiovascular disorders.
Phyto-ADR may be contra-indicated with immunosuppressants, benzodiazepines, sedative and thyroid medications.
Panax ginseng and eleuthero may be contraindicated with blood thinning and anti-hyperglycemicmedications.
Consult your physician for more information.